Pershore and Upton Primary Care Network

Primary care

In line with the NHS Long Term Plan, GP practices across England have begun working together with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services to form Primary Care Networks (PCNs).

PCNs aim to further improve access, availability and quality of primary care services to local people by:

  • increasing the number of healthcare staff working in and with GPs

  • providing people with better access to a wider range of support for their needs

  • developing community teams that support people in their own homes

  • expanding services available in GP practices.

A key feature of practices coming together, is introducing new roles into general practice which helps GPs focus their skills where they are most needed, such as diagnosing and treating patients. These roles include:

  • Clinical Pharmacists

  • Social Prescribing Link Workers

  • First contact Physiotherapists

  • Physician Associates

  • Community Paramedics

Patient Pathway

Social services

Social Services


For all enquiries relating to Adult Social Care

You can contact the Adult Social Care Team sending an online form here or calling 01905 768053 (between 09.00am - 5pm)

Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services:

The Emergency Duty Team (EDT) provides an out of hours response, on behalf of Worcestershire Social Care Services and Herefordshire Children's Services, to emergency situations that arise outside normal Social Care office hours. 

01905 768020

Raise a concern about an adult

Make a complaint, comment or compliment


District Nurses


Nursing intervention for housebound patients and those requiring care at home.


Upton Surgery:

DN office: 01684 612804 (Mon-Fri 08.30 am - 04.30pm)

County Twilight / Night Nursing Service:

Tel: 01905 681711 (7 days a week 5:00 - 6:30pm Triage) (6.30pm - 7:30 am visits)

Neighbourhood Team Triage


Triage clinician available for general guidance and advice.

This service is for all enquiries relating to admission avoidance for patients at potential risk of hospital admission.

Referral to service:

01386 502016

Clinical Phone Triage:

Mon - Fri 08.00am - 6.30pm OR Tel: 0300 123 7593 (option 2) (option 5) Outside these hours if you need to talk to a triage clinician:

 Tel: 01905 681711


Community Physio


Patient Self Care Referral to: 

For those living in Evesham, Droitwich, Pershore, Malvern, Tenbury, Worcester, Broadway and Upton. 

Before you complete the self-referral form

  • Have you been using the advice and tips on the self-help sections for around 8 weeks? 
  • Are you still feeling pain or discomfort?
  • Are you registered with a GP practice in Evesham, Droitwich, Pershore, Malvern, Tenbury, Worcester and Upton?

If you have answered yes to all the above then you can self-refer to the community physio sessions.

You can call 0300 790 0599 Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 16:00 to check the progress of your referral or to cancel an appointment that you no longer require. 

Please note that you cannot self-refer by calling this number, please instead complete the self – referral form.

Domiciliary Physiotherapy for housebound patients: 

Tel: 01386 502016 or

Community Occupational Therapy 

Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapists (OT's) work with people who have disabilities with the aim of helping people to live as independently as possible.

What does an Occupational Therapist do?

They work with you and your family or carers to identify any areas of difficulty with daily living tasks - including washing, dressing, cooking and getting on and off your bed, toilet and chair.

They will then advise you on overcoming the difficulties you are having. This advice may include:

  • suggesting you use a piece of equipment to make a task easier
  • providing advice on how to do a task more easily
  • suggesting ways to adapt your home to help you live more independently and making referrals for housing adaptations where appropriate
  • providing advice on support networks in your area
  • providing information on your disability and medical condition

How to see an Occupational Therapist

Anyone with a disability can ask to see an OT - you can refer yourself for an assessment by contacting your local OT office. They may need to communicate with your Doctor about your medical needs.

County Occupational Therapy Helpline: 01905 681637 (Monday - Friday 09.30am - 1pm)


For new referrals, Self-Referral and advice

Upton Surgery: Malvern Community OT 01684 612637

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website